Restaurant Hospitality Management Level 2
The Restaurant Hospitality Management Level 2 course provides team members with information, skills and advice, to help them fulfil their role as a restaurant manager and exceed their clients’ service expectations.
Upon completion of the course, team members will have the competence to work as a restaurant manager at a 5-star hotel or in a local eatery.
What’s Covered in the Course?
- An introduction to the front-of-house function of a restaurant;
- The role of a restaurant manager in all types of restaurants, anywhere in the world;
- The different types of restaurant establishments and their layouts;
- The importance of excellent customer service within the hospitality industry;
- How to deal with customer complaints in a calm and effective manner, in order to ensure that the customer will return in the future;
- Know your drinks: a comprehensive knowledge of beverages and how to serve them;
- Know your food: the importance of knowing every item on the menu, what is in each dish and the causes and effects of food allergies;
- Restaurant licensing laws: this covers age verification and what you can accept, in order to verify the age of customers on licensed premises;
- Restaurant system checklists: what checklists are needed, how to put them in place and how to monitor them, to ensure that the restaurant runs smoothly and cost-effectively;
- Health and safety laws associated with a restaurant, from front-of-house to the kitchen; food safety and storage;
- Restaurant terminology that is commonly used in the industry.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- Improved career prospects for the employee, combined with greater competence and confidence for those already working within the industry;
- The 21 online modules are accessible on any device, so the team member can study from anywhere with an internet connection, using a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone;
- An industry-recognised certification, with online support to guide and assist the employee throughout the course;
- An accessible and comprehensive syllabus;
- No entry requirements –restaurant experience is not a prerequisite to your staff member completing the course.