Speech Therapist Introduction Certification
Being able to communicate and express yourself through words is something that most of us take for granted. However, for approximately 20% of the population, communication is exceptionally difficult.
These individuals struggle with speech or language disorders affecting their ability to understand or deliver messages. Disorders like this impact every area of a person’s life. Thankfully, in most cases, early intervention and treatment can help.
This course gives you an introduction to speech therapy with content spread out over two modules.
We begin by talking about speech and language therapy as a profession, focusing on how you can obtain work in that field though discussions about relevant skills and required education.
Our second module talks about specific speech and language disorders, as well as highlighting the characteristics of good speech.
You Will Learn:
- The main skills that speech and language therapists must perfect before entering the field of speech therapy
- The specific role that a speech and language therapist plays in helping children and adults who are experiencing trouble communicating
- The characteristics of good speech, as well as how they can be used to identify speech disorders
- Detailed information about the most common speech disorders that you may see
- Information about receptive and expressive language difficulties, as well as the differences between the two
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learning about the types of clients that speech and language therapists work with
- Understanding the importance of diagnosing and treating speech and language problems as early as possible
- Learning more about the various undergraduate and post-graduate career training options that are available to you
- If you are interested in a career as a speech and language therapist, learning more about what you can expect when you enter the field professionally
- If you are a parent, you can learn more about the types of issues that children may struggle with when acquiring speech and language skills
There are no reviews yet.