Beginning with the Organisational Safety Policy, the company’s Safety Plan shows that Senior Management takes the commitment to worker health and safety seriously. The safety plan provides a system of policies, procedures and practices to help prevent accidents/incidents, gives workers the knowledge to help them create a safe working environment and outlines a consistent methodology for the company’s approach to Health and Safety. It is one of the more important safety documents that a company can produce.
This content will give you the foundation to develop your Organisational Safety Plan and take the next step in building your safety culture.
- What a safety plan will include
- How to understand and write an Organizational Safety Policy
- The importance of the Introduction to the Safety Plan
- How to develop a basic Communications Plan for a specific accident/incident occurrence
- Ways to decide on training solutions to common accidents/incidents
- How to understand and explain the importance and structure of Incident Response Plans and Critical Incident Response Plans
- How to understand Safety Inspections and Safety Audits as methods to identify unsafe conditions and apply corrective action
- How to use a 6S Inspection Checklist to conduct a 6S Inspection
- How to brainstorm policies and procedures that you might find in the Appendix of a Safety Plan
- How to help your organization write, implement, and review a safety plan