Communication skills are at the heart of everything we do each day, whether at home, at work, or at play. Active listening encompasses the best of communication, including listening to what others are saying, processing the information, and responding to it in order to clarify and elicit more information. This content will help participants develop and practice their active listening skills.
- Define active listening and its key components
- Identify ways to become a better listener
- Use body language to reflect a positive listening attitude
- Understand the difference between sympathy and empathy, and when each is appropriate
- Create a listening mindset using framing, positive intent, and focus
- Be genuine in your communications
- Understand the communication process
- Ask questions, probe for information, and use paraphrasing techniques
- Build relationships to create an authentic communication experience
- Identify common listening problems and solutions
There are no reviews yet.