Level : 6
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 45
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 450 Hrs
GHL: 190 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
All units have been designed from a learning time perspective and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a Qualification. TQT includes undertaking each of the activities of Guided Learning, Directed Learning and Invigilated Assessment.
The level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is a qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals. It is aimed at learners who are responsible for developing and applying health and safety procedures day-to-day in an organisation. They are likely to be managers looking to improve their knowledge and skills. The Diploma is designed to provide learners with the expertise required to undertake a career as a health and safety practitioner and it also provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
- Principles of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management and Regulation
- Occupational Health and Safety in Organisations
- Risk Management and Control in Occupational Health and Safety
- Working with Hazards and Emergencies in Occupational Health and Safety
- A minimum of a Level 5 qualification in a related sector or;
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience which demonstrates current and relevant industry
- In certain circumstances, students with considerable experience but no formal Qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
Campus: £ 6500