Level : 5
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 120
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 1200 Hrs
GHL: 600 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
All units are 20 credits in value. These units have been designed from a learning time perspective and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a Qualification. TQT includes undertaking each of the activities of Guided Learning, Directed Learning and Invigilated Assessment. Each 20-credit unit approximates to a TQT of 200 hours incorporating 100 hours of Guided Learning.
The rationale for the qualification is that it provides a career path for learners who wish to develop a broad base of knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of roles n the IT industry, notably in .NET programming, system administration and network security. Learners will also learn about entrepreneurship in a techno environment. The qualification is flexible in that it offers elective choices of networking, web design or e-commerce – the latter being much in demand in modern business.
- Technopreneur ship
- Network Security
- C#.NET Programming
- System Administration
- Elective Units
- Business to Business (B2B) E-commerce
- Business to Consumer (B2C) E-commerce
- To understand and apply the principles of IT in a range of business environments
- To understand and apply the principles in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship
- between management theories and their practical application in the IT world
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Effectively use verbal and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
- Demonstrated some ability and possess qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
- Spent some time in an organisational role and shown they have capability and drive to develop.
- Seeking further professional development and to gain work related skills and know-how.