Level : 5
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 120
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 1200 Hrs
GHL: 600 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
All units are 20 credits in value. These units have been designed from a learning time perspective and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a Qualification. TQT includes undertaking each of the activities of Guided Learning, Directed Learning and Invigilated Assessment. Each 20-credit unit approximates to a TQT of 200 hours incorporating 100 hours of Guided Learning.
- Information Technology and IT Ethics
- Mathematics and Statistics for IT
- PC Maintenance and Operating Systems
- Computer Graphics Editing and Database Concepts
- Logical IT Networking
- Physical IT Networking
- To understand and apply the principles of IT in a range of business environments
- To understand and apply the principles in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship
- between management theories and their practical application in the IT world
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Effectively use verbal and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
- Demonstrated some ability and possess qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
- Spent some time in an organisational role and shown they have capability and drive to develop.
- Seeking further professional development and to gain work related skills and know-how.