Level : 3
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 120
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 1200 Hrs
GHL: 900 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
All units are 30 credits in value. These units have been designed from a learning time perspective, and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a Qualification. TQT includes undertaking each of the activities of Guided Learning, Directed Learning and Invigilated Assessment. Each 30-credit unit approximates to a TQT of 300 hours incorporating 150 hours of Guided Learning.
The qualifications have been created to develop and reward the hospitality and tourism managers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the management sectors. Furthermore, we look to develop the team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for industry.
The diploma will link to key development in areas of the hospitality and tourism sector. Contemporary issues are identified and evaluated so that the learner has a true vocational understanding on the industry as well as an academic perspective.
- Introduction to the Tourism Industry
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
- Introduction to Customer Service for Hospitality and Tourism
- To understand and apply the principles of management in hospitality and tourism
- Review and apply the principles of business management within the industry
- To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Effectively use verbal and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
- This is an open entry qualification and the only guidance is that candidates possess an IELTS 5.5 or other evidence of competence in English at this level.
Campus: £ 6500