Level : 3
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 60
Total Qualification Time (TQT):600 Hrs
GHL: 300 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
All units are 10 credits in value. These units have been designed from a learning time perspective and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a Qualification. TQT includes undertaking each of the activities of Guided Learning, Directed Learning and Invigilated Assessment. Each 10-credit unit approximates to a TQT of 100 hours incorporating 50 hours of GLH.
The Qualification has been created to develop and reward the health and social care workers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the health and social care sector. The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their care capabilities within the health and social care sector.
- An introduction to Health and Social Care
- Communication for Health and Social Care
- Promoting Health in the Population
- Person-Cantered Care
- Understanding Diabetes Care
- Understanding Stroke Care
- Understanding Dementia Care
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of health and social care service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge.
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
- Learners who possess Qualifications at Level 2 and/or; QUALIFI Level 3 Diploma in H&SC Learner Guide December 2016 10
- Learners who have work experience in the health and social care sector and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- Learners who possess a level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in health and social care.