Level : 2
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 54
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 540 Hrs
GHL: 360 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
The QUALIFI Diploma in Chinese Culinary Arts is a Level 2 qualification made up of 54 credits. These units have been designed from a learning time perspective and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a Qualification. TQT includes undertaking each of the activities of Guided Learning, Directed Learning and Invigilated Assessment.
This qualification has been created for learners who wish to develop their Chinese cooking and
culinary skills within the catering sector. The qualification provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required for Chinese cooking. It also allows specialist development through the units.
We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential, but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors. The Diploma is accredited at Level 3. The programme has a total equivalence of 85 credits.
- Understanding the Tianjin Food Culture
- Identifying and Classifying Chinese Food Ingredients
- An Introduction to the use of Kitchen Equipment
- Deep Frying, Shallow Frying and Stir-Frying
- Steaming, Braising, Red-braising and Poaching
- Formation of Noodles and Dumplings
- Western Influenced and Chinese Desserts
- Establish knowledge of Chinese food and culture.
- Knowledge for the preparation, cooking, assembly and regeneration of Chinese food associated to the region of Tianjin.
- An understanding of current industry legislation and establishment procedures.
- Key nutritional groups their function and main food sources.
- Dish development to meet special diets and individual needs.
- Qualifications at Level 1 and/or.
- Learners who have work experience in a catering environment and can demonstrate ambition with clear career goals.
Campus: £ 3500