Level : 2
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 36 – 39
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 360 Hrs
GHL: 296 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
All units have been designed from a learning time perspective and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of each Qualification.
This range of practical and knowledge-based qualifications have been created to develop and equip therapists with skills, competencies and expertise in beauty therapy treatments – primarily relating to the face, hands and feet. These qualifications will also enable therapists to gain confidence in practice while gathering evidence in a realistic working environment.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Client consultation
- Facial skincare treatments
- Manicure treatments
- Pedicure treatments
- Waxing treatments
- Lash and brow treatments
- Makeup techniques
- UV Gel nail services
- Basic business support
- Advise on products and services
- Freelance worker
- Promotional activities
- Anatomy and physiology – learners will know the structure and function of the human body and understand the pathologies and their relation to relative and absolute contraindications to treatment.
- Health, safety and hygiene – learners will be able to apply their knowledge and understanding of health, safety and hygiene when preparing for and providing services/treatments in a real or realistic working environment.
- Client consultation – underpins all the practical technical units within this qualification. Learners will be able to conduct a concise consultation to determine the most appropriate service/treatment to meet the client’s needs and achieve the desired outcome/s.
- Manicure treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to use manicure techniques, tools and products safely and effectively to improve the appearance of the client’s hands and nails.
- Pedicure treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to use pedicure techniques, tools and products safely and effectively to improve the appearance of the client’s feet and toenails.
- Waxing treatments – learners will gain the skills and knowledge to use waxing techniques, products and equipment safely and effectively to remove superfluous hair.
- Facial skincare treatments – learners will be able to improve and maintain the health and appearance of client’s facial skin. They will understand how to use products, equipment and techniques to personalise treatment to suit the client’s skin type, condition and treatment objectives.
- Lash and brow treatments – learners will be able to use techniques, products and tools to enhance the eyelashes and eyebrows safely and effectively, through lash and brow tinting, eyebrow shaping and the application of cluster lashes.
- Makeup techniques – learners will be able to use makeup tools, techniques, products and strip lash accessories to correct and enhance the client’s facial features, taking into consideration the purpose for the makeup – for day, evening or a special occasion and the lighting the make-up will be worn in.
- UV Gel nail services – gel nail products provide an increasingly popular nail finish. Learners will be able to provide a UV cured gel nail polish service to improve the appearance of the client’s nails.
- Basic business support – learners will be able to provide carry out duties relating to reception, selling, stock taking and allied tasks for smooth running of the business and to support customer satisfaction.
- Advise on products and services – learners will know how to promote, advise and instruct on products
- and services, for client loyalty and satisfaction and to contribute to business success.
- Freelance worker – learners will know the basics required to set up as a freelance stylist, therapist, nail
- technician etc. including planning and managing time, marketing, legal and financial considerations.
- Promotional activities – learners will know how to effectively plan, implement and evaluate
- promotional activities such as demonstrations and presentations including using social media.
- This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years and above. Although there are no mandatory entry requirements for the Qualifi Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate to the ability of learners.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be assessed on an individual basis.
Campus: £ 2500