Level : 3
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 120
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 600 Hrs
GHL: 300 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
The units have been designed from a learning time perspective and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a qualification. TQT includes undertaking each of the activities of guided learning, directed learning and invigilated assessment. 60 credits equate to 600 hours of TQT.
The aim of the Qualifi Level 3 Diploma in Information Technology is to equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to work in the IT sector or progress to further study. The qualification is designed to ensure that each learner has an opportunity to build sector knowledge and learn current skills and practices in computer systems, networks, coding, website development, mobile communications, cyber security and social media for business.
- Computer Systems
- Coding and Website Development Networks
- Mobile Communications
- Cyber Security
- Social Media for Business
- Understand the purpose of computer systems.
- Understand the purpose and types of coding
- Understand networking principles.
- Understand the uses and features of mobile communication devices.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through a centre interview and applicants must be aged 16 or over.
- In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
- In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK higher education postgraduate programmes. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.